What do I have to pay?

If you are the only one who lives in the house (one person) you pay the one-person rate.
If you live together with other people (more persons) you pay the multi-persons rate.
More information (in Dutch) and about the amounts: waste diposal and sewerage.

How can I pay?

You can pay the amount all in once by transferring the amount to bank account; NL10BNGH 0285 1003 43 of the gemeente Leeuwarden. Please use your ‘aanslagnummer’, ‘subjectnummer’ and your name as payment reference (check your tax bill for the aanslagnummer and subjectnummer).


If you can’t pay all in once, you can authorize the municipality Leeuwarden to write off the amount in ten parts from your bank account. More information (in Dutch) you can find on the page ‘Automatische incasso’.


If you don’t want to authorize the municipality Leeuwarden but don’t want to pay all in once you can also ask us to pay the bill in parts (max eight). More information (in Dutch) you can find on the page ‘Betalingsregeling‘.

What if you can’t pay the bill?

If you can’t pay the tax bill because you have low income, you can ask for remission. This may be the case if you are a student. If you are granted remission, you don’t have to pay the municipal taxes. Therefore it makes sense to ask for remission.


If your income is higher than the legal standard you will not be granted remission. You will also not be granted remission if the total amount on your bank account is more than your monthly income + one month rent + one month health insurance.

How can I ask for remission?

You can ask remission at the municipality Leeuwarden. Download and complete the form Application for tax remission (and automatic reviewed). Send the form to the City of Leeuwarden. You can also hand it in at the Town Hall. For more information visit the page ‘Belasting niet betalen? Kwijtschelding aanvragen’.

More information?

If you have any questions after reading this text send an e-mail to