Quick to:

Is it urgent?

  • Is the local authority open? Contact your local authority.
  • Is the local authority closed? Contact the police on telephone number 0900-8844.

Foundation damage?

The foundation is the structure on which a building rests. Damage may be caused if the foundation is no longer strong enough to support the building.

Cracks and subsidence may occur, or the building could even collapse.

File your report via the Foundation office.

If you regularly file reports, create a link on your phone or tablet.

Android smartphone/tablet

  • Open the Chrome browser
  • Go to meldingen.leeuwarden.nl
  • Press the three dots menu (more options) at the top right of your browser.
  • Press ‘Install app’ of ‘Add to start menu’
  • Enter a name
  • Press ‘Add’
  • Press ‘Add’ again


  • Open the Safari browser
  • Go to meldingen.leeuwarden.nl
  • At the bottom (iPad top), tap the share button (square with upward arrow)
  • Tap ‘Add to start screen’
  • Tap the name to adjust it if necessary.
  • Tap ‘Add’

It is no longer possible to use the ‘MijnGemeente’ app.

A new system for filing reports was launched on 12 June 2023 in order to provide you with a better and faster service.

Important changes

  • You no longer have to choose a subject. You can enter a report in your own words. The system recognises your words and asks questions.
  • Your report is sent directly to the right person. That enables us to give you a better and faster service.
  • If you enter your email address, you can check the status of your report.
  • Once your report has been settled, you can tell us whether you are satisfied with how we handled your report. That will help us improve our service.

Fine for fly tipping and putting out waste at the wrong place

Fines are imposed for offering household waste too early, dumping bulky waste or leaving waste somewhere it is not allowed. Information about the amount of the fines is available at the Boetebase website.

Filing a complaint

Have you had an unpleasant experience with the local authority, or has your letter not been answered? If you feel you have not been helped properly you can file a complaintonline.

  • If you are unwilling or unable to file a complaint online, download and complete the Complaint form. Send the form to the City of Leeuwarden. You can also hand it in at the Town Hall.
  • Or call 14 058.
  • Or go to the Town Hall in person.
  • Or send a letter to the City of Leeuwarden.

It will take a maximum of six weeks to settle your complaint. That period can be extended once by four weeks. In that case, you will receive a letter.

If you are not satisfied with how your complaint has been handled, you can ask the Nationale Ombudsman for help. This is only possible once the City of Leeuwarden has accepted your complaint for processing and settled it.

Annual report on complaints

The Jaarverslag klachten (annual report on complaints) provides more information about the complaints received in 2022 and how we handle complaints.