Quick to:

Are you unwilling or unable to apply online?

Download the form compensation for damage and fill in. Send the form to the City of Leeuwarden. You can also hand it in at the Town Hall.

When is no compensation possible?

Have you already received compensation for the damage by other means, such as purchase, expropriation or insurance? Then you cannot also receive compensation from the municipality.

When will you get an answer

This can take 1 year.


Do you disagree with the decision on your application?

If so, you can file an objection.

Do you disagree with the ruling on your objection?

If so you can submit an appeal to the court.


€ 300.00 This amount will be refunded if the local authority rules in your favour.

Laws and regulations

The following laws can be found on the website Overheid.nl (national):

  • Spatial planning act
  • Procedural regulation for advising on planning compensation