Quick to:

What do you need to take with you to the Town Hall?

You visit in person with:

  • A valid and original proof of identity.
  • Proof of your address abroad. A bank statement, for example.
  • The QR code you receive after completing the online registration form RNI.

If you are under the age of 16, bring the following with you:

  • A valid and original proof of identity.
  • An original birth certificate drawn up in Dutch, English, French or German.
    • A translation is required if the certificate is in a different language. It may also be necessary to have the document authenticated.
  • At least one parent has to be present at the registration of the minor.

Do you want to register your partner and/or children?

They too will need to be present at the appointment.

Why do I need to register?

Registering grants you a citizen service number (BSN, Burgerservicenummer). You need this number if you want to work in the Netherlands. Or have other dealings with the Dutch government.

What is registered?

  • Name
  • Births
  • Sex
  • Registration of deaths
  • Nationality
  • Address abroad
  • Citizen service number