Quick to:

What do you need to take with you to the Town Hall?

You go to the Town Hall in person. Also take your partner and children (if any).

  • Your passport or proof of ID.
  • If applicable to you:
    • Marriage certificate
    • Divorce certificate
    • Death certificate as proof that the marriage was dissolved by death.
    • The children’s birth certificates.
    • Documents showing specifically where you are living. This could be a rental agreement, proof of ownership or a statement from the main occupant of the property.

Were you born abroad?

Take a birth certificate with you. In some cases, it will need to be authenticated. You will find more information at the website of the Ministry of Justice.

Are you of foreign nationality?

Bring proof of lawful residence. This is not required if you are residents of the European Union.

Are you arriving from Aruba, Curaçao of Sint Maarten?

Bring a deregistration certificate with you.


Free of charge.