Quick to:

What is listed in the Personal Records Database (BRP)?

  • Information about your identity:
    • name
    • sex
    • citizen service number
    • date of birth, place of birth and country of birth
    • Information about your address.
  • Details of your marriage or registered partnership, if applicable.
  • Your nationality.
  • Information about your parents and, if applicable, children.
  • Information about the passport or ID card you have or have had.

Is your personal data incorrect?

Write a letter and submit it to the Civil Affairs Department at the Town Hall. This includes details such as changing your gender or your adoption. NB:

  • Take valid proof of ID with you. That could be a passport, ID card or driver’s licence.
  • In your letter, explain which personal data is incorrect and what you believe is the correct details.
  • The letter should also include your name, date of birth, the date and your signature.
  • Take supporting documents showing the correct details with you. This could be a birth certificate, for example. A foreign document will not usually meet the requirements. This usually requires additional stamps, or a translation of the document.
  • Do you want to bring a foreign document? Please contact the City of Leeuwarden first.

If the local authority approves the change, your details will be amended in the Key Register of Persons

Are you unwilling or unable to go to the Town Hall?

In that case, send a letter to the City of Leeuwarden. Do not send originals by post. Hand in original documents to the Civil Affairs department at the Town Hall.

Are you unwilling or unable to access your data online?

Contact the City of Leeuwarden.