Applying for a second passport
Do you frequently travel for business purposes to countries involved in a conflict? You can apply in person to the local authority for a second passport (travel document). You will need to make an appointment for this. We cannot help you without an appointment. Your passport will be ready for collection in about six working days. The dates you see when you schedule your passport application online are the only dates available. There is nothing to gain by calling us for an appointment at a different time.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you need a second passport.
You can demonstrate that you travel for business purposes with, for example:
- An extract from the Chamber of Commerce along with business contracts or invitations from foreign companies.
If you are travelling to countries involved in a conflict, for example, you can demonstrate this with airline tickets and stamps in your current passport.
- Your first passport must still be valid for at least six months.
- A second passport is valid for two years.
- A second passport may also be a business passport.
What you will need to take with you to the Town Hall?
- All ID cards and passports that you own, even if they have expired.
- Documents showing that you need the second passport in connection with your profession.
- A passport photo that meets the requirements set out in the following document:
- Means of payment. You can pay for the passport by cash or debit card.
Has your passport has been lost or stolen?
Report this online to the local authority as soon as possible. This is necessary to prevent misuse. We will invalidate your passport as soon as we receive your report. That means that you will no longer be able to use it you relocate it. You will need to hand it in to the local authority.
Are you unwilling or unable to report the loss of your passport online?
Make an appointment with the local authority. Complete a lost document form at the Town Hall. We will verify your identity, after which you can directly apply for a new document. It is no longer necessary to report the loss to the police.
Having a second passport delivered
You can have your passport delivered to you at home or your place of work.