Quick to:

Who is allowed to report a change of address?

  • Persons aged 18 or above for themselves.
  • Persons aged 16 or 17 for themselves.
  • Cohabiting spouses or registered partners for each other.
  • The parent, guardian or carer for children under 18 years old.
  • Parents for resident children aged 18 and above.
  • Children aged 18 and and above for resident parents.
  • The trustee for a person under guardianship.
  • An authorised representative.

Visiting to report your change of address

Unable or unwilling to report the move online? Then stop by at the Town Hall during opening hours. You cannot report a change of address by phone.

What to take with you

  • Your proof of identity. This can be an ID card, passport or driver’s licence.
  • Your contract of sale or rent.
  • Permission from the main tenant of your new address (in case you move in with someone).

You can check if the change of address is already processed.

You can check this yourself. Log in on MijnOverheid and see if your registration is already processed. The new details are visible a few days after your date of change.

Prefer to visit the Town Hall?

Bring your proof of identity with you. We do not give out this information by phone.