Quick to:

Part-time work contribution

What is the amount of the allowance?

The amount of your premium is 25% of what you have earned with your part-time work. There is a maximum attached. This premium has been increased from 8% to 25% (up to the legal maximum) as of January 1, 2023. This amount changes every year on January 1 and July 1. This premium may be used for a maximum of two consecutive years.

You will not receive a premium for the period in which you have received compensation for your volunteer work. The amount of your total premium may therefore change.

If you make use of income release, this release will be supplemented with a premium of a maximum of 25% for a maximum period of 2 years.

Let us know your income

You can automatically receive the premium for part-time work if you report your income to us. You can read how to do this on the page I have social assistance benefits and receive income.


  • You are 27 years or older, or
  • You are younger than 27 years old and belong to the wage cost subsidy target group.


  • You work part-time and receive social assistance benefits.
  • And your income is known to us.

When will you receive the premium?

The premium is calculated every six months. That is from January to June and from July to December. We pay out the premium automatically once all income for that six-month period is known to us.

Income exemption

If your work allows you to get off benefits within 6 months, you may be able to get an income exemption. An income exemption means that you retain part of your income.

To be able to obtain income exemption, your situation looks like this:

  • You work part-time;
  • You receive a supplementary benefit (Participation Act, IOAW or IOAZ) and;
  • You can show a statement from your employer showing that you will receive benefits within 6 months due to that work.

What types of income release are there?

  • General income exemption:
    • You must be aged 27 or above for this exemption.
    • The income exemption is for a maximum of six months.
  • Income exemption for single parents:
    • The exemption conditions are as follows:
      • You are aged 27 or above.
      • You are a single parent.
      • You have already received the general income exemption.

You are entitled to this exemption for a maximum of 30 months.

  • Income exemption for people with a medically-indicated hours restriction:
    • The exemption conditions are as follows:
      • A document from the UWV (Employee Insurance Agency) stating that the UWV has determined that you have a medically-indicated hours restriction.
      • You are not subject to the ‘general income exemption’ or the ‘income exemption for single parents’.

The income exemption increases your gross income

Are you taking advantage of 1 of these income exemptions? If so, your gross annual income increases. This could have implications for your housing benefit or care allowance, for example. The local authority does not reimburse these expenses.

More information?

Do you want more information, help or to apply for extra benefits?

Contact the City of Leeuwarden.

Want to know which schemes and allowances you are entitled to?

Do the check via the website datgeldtvoormij.