Collateralization or provision of accommodation
With a collateralization or a provision of accommodation, you give an undertaking that you are willing to pay certain costs for someone coming to the Netherlands from abroad. They could include accommodation costs, healthcare expenses and the cost of a return ticket. This statement is sometimes required when applying for a visa, or makes it easier to obtain a visa. Collateralization is valid for a maximum of five years.
You sign this statement at the Town Hall. You will need to make an appointment for this. We cannot help you without an appointment. The dates you see when you schedule your appointment online are the only dates available. There is nothing to gain by calling us for an appointment at a different time.
What do you need to take with you to the Town Hall?
- A completed ‘Collateralization or private accommodation’ form. Do not sign the document yet. you sign it at the Town Hall.
- Collateralization and/or private accommodation’ (PDF, 90.6 KB)
- Do you have a spouse or registered partner? If so, your partner must also sign this form at the counter at the Town Hall.
- Valid proof of identity. This could be an ID card, passport or driver’s licence.
- You pay for the certificate in cash or by debit card at the counter.
- You pay the costs for the authentication of your signature and (if applicable) that of your spouse or registered partner.
Send the completed form to the person you have invited.
Key Register of Persons (BRP)
Extracts from the BRP € 14.81
Signature authentication € 10.40
Authentication certificate € 10.40
Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG)
Certificate of Good Conduct € 41.35