Extract from the Civil Registry
The certificate is proof of birth, marriage, divorce, registered partnership or death. Ask for a copy (extract) from the correct local authority.
Where to apply?
Where to apply
|Births||In the local authority where the child was born.|
|Marriage/Registered Partnership||In the local authority where the marriage or registered partnership was solemnised.|
|Divorce/Termination of registered partnership||In the local authority where you were married or entered into the registered partnership.|
|Registration of deaths||In the local authority where the person concerned died.|
Who can apply for the certificate?
You can apply for the following certificates yourself
- Birth certificate for yourself and your child.
- Marriage certificate for yourself and your partner.
- Deed of registered partnership for yourself and your partner.
- Divorce certificate for yourself and your partner.
- Deed of termination of registered partnership for yourself and your partner.
- Death certificate for your partner, child and parents.
Are you applying for someone else?
This could be because you are that person’s heir or legal representative.
For this, you will need the following:
- An authorisation from the person on whose behalf you are applying for an extract.
- A valid copy of that person’s ID. This could be an ID card, passport or driver’s licence.
How to apply?
- Online application. You will need DigiD.
- Are you applying for someone else? The person you request the copy for must confirm the request with DigiD themselves.
- You will need to pay the fee directly online.
- We will send the extract to your home address within five working days.
- Written application:
- Send a letter explaining your request to the City of Leeuwarden. Enclose a copy of your valid ID. This could be an ID card, passport or driver’s licence.
- We will send the extract to your home address within seven working days.
- You will receive the invoice by post.
- Going to the Town Hall in person:
- Make an appointment for your visit. We cannot help you without an appointment. The dates you see when you schedule your appointment online are the only dates available. There is nothing to gain by calling us for an appointment.
- Take valid proof of ID with you. This could be an ID card, passport or driver’s licence.
- The extract is payable in case or by PIN at the counter.
An extract from the Civil Registry costs € 15.70.