Quick to:


  • You are following a reintegration program alongside your social assistance benefit from the Participation Act, your IOAW or IOAZ benefit.
  • You are studying and receive student grant.
  • You are a minor, attend school and receive general benefits (due to special circumstances).
  • You work part-time and receive a supplementary benefit. For example, from the Participation Act, IOAW or IOAZ.
  • You are attending a civic integration course.
  • In addition to one of the above conditions, you live in the City of Leeuwarden.

Applying for the Kopjesregeling

Apply for the Kopjesregeling online. Do this by the end of the calendar year if you want to receive an allowance the following year. A calendar year is from January to December.

You must submit an application to the municipality for the Kopjesregeling within 3 months after the month in which childcare started. This is the same term that the Tax Authorities use for applications for Childcare Allowance. If you do this later, you will miss a period.

Are you unwilling or unable to apply online?

Download and complete the Kopjesregeling application form (PDF, 67,54 KB). Send the form by post to the City of Leeuwarden. You can also hand it in at the Town Hall. Bear in mind that paper applications take longer to process than digital applications.

Which documents do you need to enclose?

  • A childcare contract for the year for which you are requesting the Kopjesregeling. Caution! The hours per month and the hourly rate must be visible here.
  • Copy of the front and back of your bank card if you do not receive benefits from the City of Leeuwarden.

What is done with your application?

We process the Kopjesregeling each calendar year. This is because the Tax Authorities sets the maximum hourly rate once a year. At the end of the calendar year.

Missing documents

If any documents are missing after the application, we will contact you. You then have 2 weeks to submit the complete application. If we have not received the correct documents within 2 weeks, we will no longer process your application. You can then apply again.

Passing on changes

Are you receiving an allowance from the Kopjesregeling and are there any changes in the childcare? If so, contact us without delay.