In the UpgradeSME project, the Municipality of Leeuwarden works together with seven other partners from six different European regions to enhance the export position of small and medium-sized enterprises.
About the UpgradeSME project
Exporting businesses are stronger competitors and can deal better with economic fluctuations. We want to help businesses in Leeuwarden in doing so and facilitate supportive parties. In order to stimulate SME export, the partners cooperate to develop policy instruments that can reduce export barriers for both products and services. To do so, the project partners will organise over the course of five years various workshops, exchanges and study visits.
- Gemeente Leeuwarden
- Pannon Business Network Association (Hungary)
- South Muntenia Regional Development Agency (Romania)
- Business Development Friesland Foundation
- Steinbeis Innovation gGmbH (Germany)
- Ave Intermunicipal Community CIM Ave (Portugal)
- San Sebastian Socio-Economic Development Agency Ltd. (Spain)
- Ministry of Finance (Hungary)
The project’s total budget
€ 1.307.321,- (Interreg Europe)
April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2022