The overarching objective of the Be.CULTOUR project is the co-creation and testing of sustainable innovations for circular cultural tourism.
About the project Be.CULTOUR
The overarching objective of the Be.CULTOUR project is the co-creation and testing of sustainable innovations for circular cultural tourism. This happens through the creation of networks and improved investing strategies. The project is aimed specifically in this regard at subordinated and more remote regions, cultural landscapes, industrialised regions and over-exploited regions and seeks to restore these areas and communities.
The Municipality of Leeuwarden has recently developed a new tourism policy focused on sustainability, cultural heritage and social aspects of tourism. In this partnership, Leeuwarden wants to share knowledge with and learn from the other participants in the project. Over the course of the project, Leeuwarden wants to address the following issue: how do you ensure to be sufficiently attractive and innovative without having to sacrifice one’s heritage?
Project partners (inter alia)
- Greater Poland Tourism Organization (Poland)
- Gwynedd County Council (UK)
- Kuldiga District Municipality (Latvia)
- Museo Diffuso dei 5 Sensi Sciacca – Cooperativa di Comunità Identità e Bellezza (Italy)
- Nicosia Tourism Board (Cyprus)|
- North-West Regional Development Agency (NWRDA) (Romania)
- Regional development agency Srem (Serbia)
- Regione del Veneto (Italy)
- Region of Thessaly (Greece)
- Saltaire Inspired (UK)
- Savonlinna Development Services Ltd. (Finland)
- Stadsregio Parkstad Limburg (The Netherlands)
- Sviluppumbria (Italy)
- Timis County Council (Romania)
- University of Algarve (Portugal)
The project’s total budget
February 1, 2021 to January 31, 2024