In the PATH2LC project, partners in Europe are working together to make districts in Europe less polluting. Path2LC aims to achieve climate-neutral districts by preparing sustainable energy plans and climate plans.
About the project
The project establishes sustainable energy plans and climate plans by:
- Supporting the exchange of knowledge and experience between various European districts.
- Improving inter-agency cooperation within districts.
- Engaging local stakeholders in the energy and climate transition.
- Helping policymakers and governments implement measures in their sustainability plans.
- Providing the necessary tools for planning and monitoring.
Five existing networks of districts in Italy, Greece, Portugal, the Netherlands and France are participating in the project. We invite other districts to make use of the knowledge we collect in the project.
- Institute for Resource Efficiency and Energy Strategies (IREES)
- Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innocation Research ISI
- Technische Universität Wien (EEG)
- Energy Cities (ENC)
- UCSA – Joint Office for Environmental Sustainability
- Sustainable City Network
- Cominidade intermunicipal do oeste (OesteCIM)
- Cities Northern Netherlands
September 2020 to June 2023.
Total project budget
More information can be found at the website Path2LC.